Meetings & Continuing Education
RMAG events are a great way for members to further their professional development and offer continuing education and networking opportunities with colleagues in the field of geology. Members receive special discounted pricing as well as regular communications notifying them of the events so that they can be sure to sign up before they are full. The member savings on these events can easily save you the cost of membership and more!
- Monthly Luncheons with distinguished presenters in the geosciences
- Short Courses on geological, engineering, and computer-application topics that provide professional development and continuing education
- Symposia which cover various geological topics
- Our ‘On the Rocks’ Field Trips to various destinations throughout Colorado, the Rocky Mountain West and Texas
- Core Workshops which utilize core samples from a variety of basins and formations
- The Mountain Geologist - RMAG members have access to the 6 most recent issues of this digital quarterly journal for free! Additional issues can be purchased on AAPG Datapages.
- The Outcrop - A monthly public newsletter available to view online or download. Advertising opportunities are available in a variety of price ranges.
- Guidebooks - Members receive reduced rates on RMAG guidebooks which cover various topics including our “Big Red Book” available both digitally and for purchase in CD/DVD form.
- Employment services for both employers and job seekers in the Rocky Mountain area are provided. Post a job or resume with us today!
Activities & Networking
- The RMAG hosts a variety of social events throughout the year among which include our annual Golf Tournament, our Sporting Clay Tournament, various happy hours and networking gatherings and our annual Rockbusters Bash just to name a few.
- Additional discounted pricing on our membership, events, and networking activities exist for RMAG student members. Students can become a part of our mentorship crew and connect with experienced colleagues in the field of geology! Build relationships and make connections to begin post-college career development while enrolled in school.