Wilderness First Aid Training
710 10th St.
Golden, CO 80401
TicketsTickets not currently available for this event
Contact the RMAG office to be put on the wait list
Be prepared and stay safe in the backcountry! This sixteen-hour course consists of instruction devoted to medical evaluation and treatment in wilderness settings where definitive medical care is not readily available. The course covers presentations on a variety of situations you might encounter in both backcountry and wilderness areas, accompanied by practical, hands-on scenarios. Course includes CPR training. Class size is limited--register early!
Students will also receive additional materials, including:
- First Aid posts written by me which go into further detail on key topics not able to be covered sufficiently in class due to time constraints (e.g. cleaning and irrigation)
- First Aid Kit Calculator for students to build their kits based upon trip duration and number of participants selected
- First Aid Kit recommended items examples with links for where to purchase them
- Access to pdf versions of the source documents published by the Wilderness Medical Society, used by all wilderness medicine programs for curriculum development (for the academics who like to research knowledge for knowledge sake)
Instructor Jared Caldwell has over 30 years experience teaching CPR, wilderness first aid, and public safety courses. He is currently CEO and Training Center Director of Tomwell Emergency Life Support and Safety Instruction in Denver.
- Friday, March 13th, 6pm-9pm
- Saturday, March 14th, 9am-6pm
- Sunday, March 15th, 9am-6pm
- Students must attend all sessions to receive certification.
- Students should bring their own lunch and snacks.