July Short Course
14th Floor, RiNo Room
Denver, CO 80202
TicketsTickets not currently available for this event
Unconventional Resource Assessment and Valuation (URAV)
This Rose & Associates’ short course focuses on a staged investment approach for dealing with low permeability resource size and value characterization of candidate multi-well projects. URAV emphasizes the need to develop the participant’s competency in the use of probability, uncertainty, and aggregation to assess and develop unconventional resources. The premise for this short course is that sound estimation of key engineering, geotechnical, and economic parameters is essential for maximizing profitability. Type curves and sequential aggregation techniques are discussed. Composite mapping strengths and chance assessment guidelines for tight sands, carbonates and shales are provided. Due to uncertainty and the huge capital outlays at risk, unconventional resource characterization requires a staged, probabilistic approach conducive to more informed decision-making and portfolio management.
- Presenter: Bryce Kalynchuk, P.Eng, Rose & Associates’ Partner
- Date: July 25, 2019
- Check-in starts at 7:30am
- Light breakfast, coffee, snacks, and lunch provided
- Online registration closes July 23, 2019
- Day-of Event registrations are now available. You may register for this event at the door for an additional $25.00 ($275 for members, $300 for non-members). Payment for day of event registrations must be received at the door. Cash, credit cards or check accepted. Course materials will be available as a PDF Download. You will receive notification when available before the start of the course. Day of event registrants will be given a link to download the PDF. Please bring a device to download the PDF. Day-of-event registrations are non-transferable, and non-refundable.
- Refunds for the July Short Course are available until July 11, 2019.
Refunds for all RMAG technical and social events, except luncheons, are only available up to two weeks before the event date. If you are unable to attend, your registration for all RMAG events are transferable. RMAG members may transfer their registration to another RMAG member, and non-members can transfer their registrations to whomever they wish. Should an RMAG member wish to transfer their registration to a non-member, the non-member would need to pay the balance between the member and non-member price.
About the Presenter
Bryce Kalynchuk, P.Eng, Rose & Associates’ Partner, has a strong technical foundation in petroleum, reservoir and, production engineering. He has evaluated conventional exploration plays and unconventional resource plays on many continents including Africa, Australia, Europe, and North and South America. Over his 25-year career, Bryce has been exposed to over 4,000 new drills in conventional and unconventional plays including carbonate oil reservoirs, subsalt oil reservoirs, liquid rich shales, shale gas, tight gas and coalbed methane. He is a dynamic leader that motivates people to “get the job done” and he is a mentor and promoter of people who are natural leaders and who are top technical performers. Decisive and action oriented, Bryce makes the tough and smart decisions. He applies a no-nonsense business approach, keeping things simple and successful. Bryce brings the expediency of Apache’s sense of urgency and ExxonMobil’s fiscal discipline to the table. With broad based exposure to virtually every aspect of the oil and gas industry including both upstream and downstream areas, he has made effective business decisions for exploration, unconventional development and major projects.