RMAG Publications Committee Summary of Goals and Activities
- Goal: Monitor and guide RMAG publications that support the mission of RMAG with particular attention to topics of current interest to RMAG membership.
- Meetings: typically on 2nd Thursday of the month at RMAG office
- Chairman: Previous year’s RMAG 1st Vice President - John Roesink - firstname.lastname@example.org
- RMAG Board Liaison: current year’s RMAG 1st Vice President - Steve Sturm - email@example.com
Primary regular ongoing publications
- The Outcrop: Monthly newsletter of the Association with focus on upcoming current events and articles of “light” technical or current interest along with regular President’s Column. Outcrop is published on-line, with current and back issues available on the RMAG website here.
- Current events covered include: Luncheon Program, Symposia and Short Course registration and schedules, RMAG Board minutes, Lists of new and returning members to RMAG, Awards; Professional, Best Paper, Best Luncheon Presentation, etc., “On the Rocks” informal field trips, Calls for papers from RMAG and associated organizations, advertisement and much more.
- Materials to be published in The Outcrop need to be submitted 1 month in advance of publication date; example-to be in the July 2015 Outcrop, item needs to be submitted to editors by June 1, 2015.
- Editor: Will Duggins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mountain Geologist: Quarterly technical journal for the Association with focus on geosciences of the Greater Rocky Mountain Region of the western United States. The Mountain Geologist is a part of member benefits. Issues are published in January, April, July and October each year. Selection of papers and topics for inclusion is at the discretion of The Mountain Geologist Editors and the Publications Committee. Any authors (including students) that think they have a technical geoscience article that fits the focus stated above may submit their text to the editors. Format must adhere to the “Style Guide for Authors” found on the RMAG website here.
Publications Committee and the Association regularly pursue technical publications (Guidebooks, Compilations, other Special Publications) of topical interest to the members of the Association. Editors are generally association members, authors need not be. These publications may be in conjunction with other organizations (AAPG, UGA, WGA etc) or may be stand-alone efforts of RMAG. The Publications Committee is always interested in hearing ideas for new Special Publications from membership We encourage RMAG members to pursue the advancement of a new Special Publication topic and to get involved with the editor process.