2011 Bakken Guidebook
The resurgence of exploration and production in the Bakken and Three Forks formations in the Williston Basin in the last few years has been remarkable. Research on these intervals has been extensive and is now being released. This guidebook provides the latest research by government agencies, academia and private industry. Topics include detailed stratigraphic studies of the Bakken/Three Forks, structural controls on production, geochemistry of the source and reservoir rocks, field case histories, and petrophysics. The guidebook is organized into six sections:
1) Six papers on the Bakken Formation;
2) Two papers on the Three Forks Formation;
3) Four papers on the Bakken/Three Forks petroleum system;
4) Three papers on the influence of structure or fractures;
5) One paper on the discovery of Parshall Field; and
6) A reference list of previously published material on the Bakken, Three Forks and related strata.
In addition, the book includes four classic papers reprinted from previously published RMAG guidebooks. The four papers are cited in most of the papers in the volume and represent the foundation of our knowledge of the Bakken - Three Forks petroleum system.
$30.00 Non-Member Price:
This item is in stock.